Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bombay Dreams

Bombay Dreams - The 2002 musical drama composed by A.R.Rehman and produced by Andew Loyd Webber was an international hits.
------- x-------x-------x-------
The show was held on the Hobby Recreation Center in Houston .Me along with 6 of my colleagues went for the show on Friday .Though the show didn't have any of the original starcast still it was a real treat to eyes and ears.

Though I have watched a couple of shows I have never watched a show where they sing and act and that to A.R's music...
the songs "Shakalakka Baby.." and "Chaiyya Chaiyya.." were awesome . The chemistry between the hero -Akash- and Heroine - Priya - was indeed great on stage. I really wonder if this starcast can do such a magic how beautiful would have been the show with the original starcast. One more thing that impressed me was dance.For the song "Chaiyya Chaiyya ... " the dance was really good.
The play contained all the "Masalas" of Bollywood and even the dance steps were all typical Bollywood style.
Though the things were not really new to us, I saw that Non- Indians really enjoying the show and I even over heard someone saying "Mann is Indian movies so colorful? I really want to watch one.." No wonder our movies are running well around the world... Before the show I heard that Bollywood is the place where the most number of movies are made in a year and the number is greater than even Hollywood - Yeah many of the bollywood movies are the same Hollywood movies with "Masala" - I am sure that a day will come when people will prefer the bollywood version of the movies over their Hollywood version. Having said so much am I saying that bollywood doesn't make any original stuff?? are all copy paste? No there are a lot of great movies out there.But people always wanna make money with less risk.So in remaking some hit movies the amount of risk is very very less compared to creating a new one.
Well the show Bombay Dream was indeed an experience to me apart from every thing mentioned above I also got to meet the leading ladies of the show and succeeded to get their autograph. Well its always great to get a souvenirs ....

No comments: